orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 0:54:42 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

'How hard can it be?'[break][break]

Those had been the famous last words of Orion when he'd made the brilliant decision to skip the tutorial and head straight into the action, immediately getting curb-stomped by hordes of Pokemon as he struggled to figure out the controls.[break][break]

He's got a handle on the basics thanks to re-spawning and dying a few times over, but he finally resigns himself to the tutorial in the hopes of learning some further intricacies he might have otherwise missed. He wanted to do some of the riskier missions in the PvP kingdoms, and there was no way he'd survive on his current strategy of 'fake it till you make it'.[break][break]

He gets right to beating the stuffing out of one of the Wobbuffet dummies, peppering it with arrows. It's satisfying to fight against something that can't fight back when he'd spent the past few hours getting killed over and over again.[break][break]

A message informs him that someone else is joining the tutorial session, and he pauses his assault to look over at the newly-spawned player. Not recognizing them, and not recognizable as Orion himself, he waves.[break][break]

"Your first time playing, or did you skip at first like my dumb ass?"[break][break]

He laughs, grinning. It's surprisingly easy for him to be more confident when he's not as worried about his real-life reputation.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 1:05:16 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby's eyes widened as she looked around at the beautiful sights. It looked so real, so beautiful. The technology was simply astounding, it was hard to fathom that none of what she was seeing was actually real. Yet it all felt tangible, an incredibly odd, yet absolutely stunning display of science. And of course, a video game was without a doubt the best choice for this kind of tech! The only problem was... choosing an avatar.

There were so many options, with character creation so intense. She could be anything in the world! She could have been tall, or a guy! But instead, Ruby inevitably found herself drawn to the cutest options possible. Even adorable little wings on her back, despite them having no real usage in anything. They could flutter a tiny bit, and it was cute enough for her.

As soon as she spawned in the tutorial zone, she was pleasantly surprised to see another player right off the bat! Apparently, they chose the ranger class, peppering the dummies with arrows. She took a few seconds to admire the combat before she was suddenly spoken too. Caught off guard, Ruby had to force herself to adjust. "O-oh! Uh, hello! First time playing, yeah!" She grinned rather widely, giggling to herself with sheer excitement.

Slowly walking over towards him, she glanced over at the dummies before back at him. "I uh, never really played any games like this before! Well, I guess, video games in general, I suppose. I'm usually more of a Pokemon Crossing fan, you know?" With that in mind, Ruby gently took out her wand and held it in her hands. With a simple wave, an incredibly generic bolt of magic reached out and struck the dummy was it wobbled back and forth. How adorable in its own right, she almost felt sad for using it as a test dummy.

Glancing back at the man, she spoke again. "So, er, what did you mean skip? Did you just run off ahead without learning how to play?"

Mage Roll: ehQL_5JG

Notes: Probably not gonna be rolling for this thread, but getting into the habit is good.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 5:04:07 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Arceus above, she's adorable.[break][break]

Cool as he thought the eyepatch made him look, Orion finds himself lifting it to get a better look at his tutorial partner. He wonders if her wings are functional; he hadn't noticed any options for those in character customization, but he'd been so overwhelmed by the amount of choices that he'd likely skipped heaps of other things.[break][break]

His eyes are a stormy gray-blue, his resting expression rather intimidating, but it lights up with a grin and gives a far friendlier impression.[break][break]

"That makes two of us," he admits. "I bought a Switch when it came out but I never really found the time to play it, I work two jobs so I'm usually really busy — it was my friend who convinced me to try this, said it'd be good for me."[break][break]

He strolls over to the dummy and plucks the unbroken arrows from it, returning them to his quiver and stepping back.[break][break]

"I guess I hit too many buttons trying to figure stuff out because an option popped up for me to skip and I hit 'YES' because I figured it wouldn't be that hard, y'know? It, uh, it was that hard. Got my butt kicked and couldn't even figure out how to light a fire, ha."[break][break]

But he'd learned a little bit, at least. When prompted by the in-game narration to try out a combo attack, the Ranger bounces into the air and then, after landing next to the dummy, stabs a spark-infused arrow into its side.[break][break]

"This is really fun, though, I have to admit."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 5:33:23 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

He never had the time to play many video games before? She couldn't imagine what it was like to be working two jobs. That didn't sound super enjoyable. Did he need the money that badly? She fought to keep the smile off her face, smiling instead. He was making time to have fun, despite his busy life and that was incredibly important.

When he described the difficulty, Ruby simply nodded her head. She didn't expect this would be an easy game, especially with so many people playing! Still, she figured it would be fun to figure it out and learn! A new game style was going to be fun to learn, in any case! She never truly played an MMO before, let alone one of this depth. "Oh man, I'm sure we can both figure it out at some point! Nobody is a complete natural, it's all about studying it and figuring out how to play best!"

And with that said, she stood back and watched as he attacked the dummy with a remarkable combo. Bouncing straight through the air and stabbing the dummy. Her eyes widened. Woah... Was that what the game meant by choosing moves? She didn't realize they'd be actually doing them! With a curious and an almost mischievous glint in her eyes, she walked up to the dummy.

Wand in hand, she smacked the dummy with her hand, as it bounced backward. However, as soon as it began to bounce forwards Ruby turned around and ducked down. As soon as the dummy bounced forwards into her, spikes of solid fire seemed to form on her back before exploding outwards in a massive burst of flame, casting Shell Trap. Her own eyes widened as she began to giggle over and over again, standing back as the wobbufett-like dummy wobbled to and fro like crazy.

"... I think I'm gonna love this game!"

Notes: N/A

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 5:55:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Her positive mentality is nice. It reminds him a lot of , and makes him smile.[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm sure we'll get the hang of it."[break][break]

As he practices auto-attacking the dummy some more, the relatively boring and generic nature of the attacks lend well to being able to watch what his tutorial partner was doing. His eyes widen as he watches fiery spines form on her body, exploding and sending the dummy rocking back and forth.[break][break]

"Woah, that was awesome." Shit, maybe he really should have gone for mage! He'd picked Ranger for both the ghost-typing and the obvious pun with his job, but Mages seemed cool. He bets they wouldn't have any difficulty starting a stupid fire. "You're a Mage, right? Or are you a Healer? Their weapons looked similar to me..."[break][break]

He obviously didn't play a lot of video games; there was a pretty big difference between a wand and a staff, but...[break][break]

Pulling up the game's interface, he presses a few buttons on his controllers and sends a friend request to the girl. His username, Lykos, was a far better indicator of his real-life identity than his in-game appearance. Also a sign of his low creativity.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 16:17:09 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]

As her newfound tutorial partner praised her spells, she couldn't help but smile a bit wider. Being a mage was absolutely cool! Twirling her wand with a shiny blue stone at the end of it. "Yes indeed! Healers don't have access to fire moves, I think! Water, grass and fairy. But the psychic typing really sold me on Mages, I suppose!"

Before she could say anymore, she suddenly got a friend request. She blinked in surprise as the notification popped in front of her face. She struggled with the interface for a few seconds before opening it up. Lykos. With that, she blinked again, slowly leaning over to get a look at the man's avatar standing before her. That name was incredibly familiar. It suddenly hit her, and she couldn't help but smile knowingly as she immediately accepted the friend request.

"Well now! Consider me surprised! I didn't think I'd run into the only ranger I know, playing a ranger in a video game!" She giggled once more, her bright eyes positively shining as she reached out to give him a quick hug. Definitely 100% less socially awkward online, this wasn't their real bodies after all. "It's me, silly! You don't recognize the voice, do you? Oooh!"

Ruby suddenly jumped back, a look of absolute joy spread across her face almost immediately. "Okay, okay. You have... three guesses to figure out who I am!"

[attr="class,"divide"]

[attr="class","tag"]
template by kay

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 8:35:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"That's right," he recalls, nodding. "Honestly, I saw 'psychic' for mages and stopped reading there, I was already sold, but I ended up going ranger in the end."[break][break]

Apparently he knows this girl outside of the game, and he tilts his head as if trying to scrutinize the voice. He feels a little bad for not recognizing it; should he? It had the edge of familiarity to it, but it was something he struggled to place.[break][break]

"No, sorry..."[break][break]

She doesn't look too offended. In fact, she seems positively delighted as her avatar hops back and grins at him. That's good, right?[break][break]

Three guesses. His competitive nature kicks in. How many girls did he know outside of the Rangers?[break][break]

"Well, you're not Annie, because I've already met her." He taps his finger as if counting off his options. "Not Avery, either... I think I'd recognize her voice, most of our communication is through calls and emails..."[break][break]

Stormy was a ranger. Kaida, too. There was Selena, but...[break][break]

"OK, OK. I think I've got it narrowed down. If I'm the only Ranger you know, and you like psychic types... Ruby?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 22:50:38 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","aheader"]
[attr="class","ateam"]
[attr="class","athread"]

Ruby was giggling as he seemed to struggle to count down his options, holding her arms close to her chest as she watched him think and debate. Annie? Annie was playing this too? She'd have to run into the girl sometime! However, as soon as he managed to get her right, Ruby simply smiled rather widely and reached over to give him a gentle nudge. "Now that wasn't so hard! I'm actually kind of staying at a Slateport hotel right now, just figured my feet could use a bit of a break from traveling, you know?"

Leaning back, Ruby glanced up at him as she continued to speak. "You know, I must admit I'm a bit surprised! I didn't expect to meet anyone I knew in here at all, but apparently there are probably dozens of people!" She looked rather excited for a moment. She wondered what Annie looked like, or maybe perhaps Alexei was playing this game too! Ooh, she just had to see them at some point!

"So!" Ruby suddenly called out, grinning ear to ear as she turned back to the dummy and let out a simple basic-attack once more, just trying to get the hang of it all. "Do you wanna like, spar a bit? I don't know much about the game, but maybe the experience would do good for both of us!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","anotes"]Notes:N/A

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]@ [attr="class","tag"]@
template by kay

[newclass=.acontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam]width:380px;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;margin-left:-360px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam:hover]margin-left:-10px;transition:all .75s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aparty]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.aparty:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass][newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:roboto;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.athread b]font-weight:bold;color:#B8D9EC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.anotes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ateam2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
back to basics [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 6:43:30 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Slateport, huh? I'm in Lilycove right now, I'm—" He gives a little huff of embarrassed laughter. In reality, he subconsciously touches the back of his neck, the movement of the controller causing Lykos to lift and drop his arm in similar fashion. "I'm actually at the office right now, but I'm off work."[break][break]

He'd brought his system along in order to pass the time during breaks. The internet here boasted a more solid connection than his Fortree apartment, so he'd take advantage of it where he could. This game was pretty fun.[break][break]

"Yeah, seems like everyone's playing. I know I'm not the only one in the office that plays."[break][break]

He'd been seeing the Elite Four around more often lately, something to do with their training, and that had reminded him that was quite an accomplished gamer. He'd yet to bump into the man in-game that he knew of, and hadn't bumped into him outside of work to ask about his tag.[break][break]

"Sure, we can do that. I don't think we can actually hurt each other in the tutorial zone, but that's actually great for the purpose of practicing our aim and stuff."[break][break]

Using his Bounce attack, he launches himself into the air and lands on the other side of the field, offering a playful bow to Ruby in a silent invitation for her to begin.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times